Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Dentist

I went to the dentist today to have 3 teeth worked on. Yuk!

Two of the teeth were on each side of my lower jaw and so needless to say it was really interesting the rest of the day. They must have been really bad or really close to the nerve because they gave me a lot of medication to numb my mouth, more than I ever remember having. Every time I tried to eat, drink, or talk I had to literally hold my bottom jaw and move it and make it do what I needed it to do. It was so embarrassing at times. I even had to hold my mouth when I was checking out of a store because I could barely talk and when I did I started to drool. Oh my, I can only wonder what the guy at the check out counter must have thought. HA! On the positive side...It made me think of how very thankful I am for my health and that on a normal, typical day I do have the ability to eat, drink and talk with out any assistance. I am also thankful for the resources that I have such as dental insurance and a good knowledgeable dentist to keep my teeth in working order. (smile)

1Thes 5:18 comes to mind...."Give thanks in everything.."

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Dentist=Satan

Ginger said...

Ok, not really.
Dentists do not = Satan. (Most of them anyway, though Rich did have a dentist experience that was off the charts EVIL when we were poor college kids. He pulled the WRONG teeth!!!)
But I do think that dentist visits prove that God has a sense of humor - at least the drooling part.

Chelle said...

I am so sorry none of us were around to see you in that fascinating state! Too bad. The guy at the checkout? Probably thought you got some really bad drugs from somewhere. HA! Glad you are recovering, and hope you aren't drooling anymore!

Jen said...

I hope you're back to normal now and yes you are right,we do have A lot to be thankful for!!!