30 Tidbits of Christmas
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Both. Some are wrapped, some are not.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Both. I like both. I have all white on the tree and a little of both outside.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Yes, a fake one in our entrance way
5. When do you put your decorations up?
As soon after Thanksgiving as possible.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Pumpkin Cake (it has to be a dessert, sorry)
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child.
Going over to Grandparents houses every Christmas day and spending the day with lots of family. (or when family would come to our house. specially the days when I can remember my sister and I looking out the window, waiting and watching our Grandparents unload all the gifts that they would bring.)
8. How and When did you learn the truth about Santa?
I am not sure exactly what age. I think maybe pre-teen.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes, as a kids we always did. Now, with my kids, it doesn't always happen every year. Not sure why? hhuummm
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
White lights and various ornaments collected over the years. Each ornament has its own story. It is always neat to pull them out each year and recall the memories of them all.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
12. Can you ice skate?
Oh yea, baby! Sure can!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
The pink little boom box that I got when I was about 15 years old.
14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Making picture ornaments for the kids each year. They will take all of them with them, someday, when they leave home. And - Going to Christmas Eve Service
17. What tops your tree?
Right now...nothing. It has been different for many years. (an angel, a bow and a star)
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
Giving...but only when it is not giving just to give. I enjoy buying for people when I know that they truly are in need or that it is appreciated.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Go tell it on the Mountain
20. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
21. Real tree or artificial?
22. When do you put up the tree?
Anytime we can get it up after Thanksgiving.
23. When do you take the tree down?
After News Years
24. Do you have a nativity scene?
25. Hardest person to buy for?
My hubby and his brother
26. Easiest person to buy for?
27. Worst Christmas gift you have ever received?
A cleaning tool to clean my toilets.
28. When do you start your Christmas shopping?
As soon as I can.
29. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Oh Yes. I learned from the best, my mother.
30. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?