Saturday, August 25, 2007

Call me "Coach"

Last night I officially started my role as my son's soccer coach for this coming fall season. I went to our first coaches meeting. I felt like I had to sign my life away with all the paperwork. We got our official coaches shirts, picked up our team roster as well as all the uniforms. It was exciting.

I play soccer myself but have never ventured into the world of coaching. I will say that I am a little nervous. Anytime I work with children I tend to get a little uneasy. Working with children is a big responsibility. I take it very seriously.

I will say that there are "pluses" to being the coach. You get to pick the practice days, the practice locations, the position that your child wants to play, and the number that your child wants to wear on his uniform... as well as many others.

I am sure that it will be a fun season!

6 comments:

Chelle said...

Have fun! Hope your coaching experience is void of crazy parents (mine wasn't!). Maybe being they are younger kids....here's hoping! :)

Jen said...

Good luck!! I know you are going to do great!! You are so good with Children and soccer!! Plus I know it means the world to Kyle!!

So I am curious, what position will Kyle play and what's his number???

Love you

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Congratulations and good luck, Ames. This will be a huge learning experience for you, but so fun.

Hey, your last 2 posts were about Coaches!

A Coach for the Coach!

Ginger said...

Have a great time! Sounds like fun!!

Ames said...

Kyle will be number "7" and wants to be THE goalie. all the other times that he has played his coaches, for reason, never let him have much of any time learning and playing that position. I think that was one of the main reasons why he wanted me to coach, so he could be guaranteed to play goalie.

Yea, never noticed, my last two posts were about coaches. funny!

I guess I need to get busy and keep up with some new posts. huh?

Well, today is the first practice. Maybe I will post about how that goes...

Jen said...

A Coach for the coach! Very clever Lis!!