Friday, March 19, 2010

So Happy and Sad all at the same time!

Okay, I know that I just posted about not really knowing what direction I will be taking with my blog.  Guess you could say I have the Blogging Blues". Well, wouldn't you know, as soon as I post about having these blogging blues, I am suddenly finding things to share here.

This post is about something that I witnessed today with my youngest child.  Now really, all you  moms (and dads, if you are really reading here) don't you just love talking about your kids.  Yea, well I am not any different.

Okay on with the story...The other day Kyle got a phone call from one of his best friends that he met in school last year.  This friend ended up suddenly moving with his family to Texas during the middle of the school year, last year.  He left but said that he would be back to visit on occasion as his Dad (he moved with his mom and step-dad) lives near us in the same area.

The purpose of this phone call was to let Kyle know that he would be in town for spring break and was looking forward to getting to see him again. Well, yesterday (and today) was the day they got to spend some time together.  In fact his mom extended their trip by one day so that he could spend the night with Kyle and have a sleep over at our house. They get along so well and truly enjoy being with each other. 

This Morning, when it was time for his friend to leave, I chatted a bit with his father while they said their goodbyes.  You could tell that neither one really wanted to depart from one another but had to. As they drove away and we turned to walk inside, I looked down at Kyle and noticed that he had a flushed face and was working really hard to fight back the tears.  I almost started to cry just watching him.  Oh my! I know goodbyes are hard but this totally caught me off guard.  Most males have that non-emotional side to them when it comes to stuff like this. It is good to know that my son really does have a sensitive side to him, although it hurts to see him so sad.  He was so happy to be able to spend time with his friend but so sad to see him leave.  Their next time together will be in a few months when he is back for another visit in the summer.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my I have tears rolling down my face as I read this post!! Kyle has such a sweet, soft spirit that I am not surprised by his reaction of saying goodbye! I can tell this friendship is one that will last a lifetime! I am glad he was able to have time with his friend! Friendships like this are hard to come by!

Thanks for sharing!

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany said...

I'm not going to lie... I cried too reading this. You can just picture his heart hurting. SO SWEET! Just more proof you are raising him to be such a good person. ;0)

Tonya said...

Bless his heart! It's so sad to have a friend move away. I hated it when my friends moved away when I was in school. Now, I'm the one moving away all of the time.

Maybe your son and his friend can do Skype calls and see each other on a regular basis that way.